The rebirth of Westdale Mall in Cedar Rapids, Iowa is fulfilling a long-awaited community goal of restoring this once proud propery to its prominence among Eatern Iowa’s prime retail and entertainment destinations.
Westdale provides a unique community gathering experience featuring shopping, dining, and a hotel. Denver-based Frew Development Group, LLC acquired Westdale Mall and its 72+ acre property in 2013. Formerly a 900,000 SF enclosed regional shopping center, Westdale opened in 1979 but suffered from reduced occupancy, deteriorating facility and site conditions, and inconsistent ownership. Westdale’s massive $90 million transformation is well underway and is now well into the vertical construction and retailer grand opening phase.
The mall demolition, site infrastructure, entrance, and ring road work is complete, as are the interior roadways, site signage and the vast majority of parking fields and landscaping. Now is the perfect time for tenants to secure their location at Westdale!
- Excellent visibility and access via Edgewood Road, Williams Blvd. / Hwy 151, 29th Avenue and Wiley Blvd.
- Centrally located in Cedar Rapids / Iowa City Corridor
- Located in fastest-growing section of Cedar Rapids
- Over 50,000 vehicles daily on roads bordering Westdale.
- 2016 average household income: $78,584 within a 30 minute drive to Cedar Rapids
- Cedar Rapids, IA, MSA 2014 population: 263,885.
- Iowa’s Creative Corridor (7 county region) 2014 population: 463,028.
- Cedar Rapids / Iowa City MSA 2014 population: 428,242
CHECK BACK SOON FOR 2018 LEASING PACKET